Saturday, June 15, 2013

Father's Day Weekend

Sweetest Papa!  Quentin & Ruby sure love their daddy!  This photo was taken after church on Sunday. Cliff is proudly wearing his first Tacky Father's Day Tie! He made it look good!! I picked it up at one of our local thrift stores - The White Elephant.
On Saturday morning we ran the Medvejie 5k as a family! Cliff pushed the stroller and kept the kids & I going with constant encouragement and more than one stop to check on binkies and bottles.  The babies did great in the stroller, Q even fell asleep and the extra 50+ pounds that Cliff was pushing up those hills helped me from feeling so guilty that he agreed to run my pace.
The race was run on a quiet, rural road leading to the Medvejie Hatchery.  It is a gravel road with hills that were pretty do-able for the 5k and pretty hardcore for the half marathon that Jack ran in!  The race started and ended at the Herring Cove Trailhead.
I asked what Cliff would like to do for Father's Day and he responded that he'd like to have a cookout.  It was a gorgeous, sunny, warm Saturday and the cookout was easy-going and lovely.  The babies played sweetly on the beach, in the woods and on the rocks.  I made crunchy pea salad & deviled eggs to go with the stadium bratwurst cliff cooked over the campfire.  Carrie made a rustic lemon polenta cake and Jim roasted marshmallows. I am thankful for the evening and that God has given me Cliff! This south shelter at the Rec just might be my favorite place on earth.   
A weekend for honoring Cliff would not be complete without some baseball factored into the equation!  He got a two-for-one deal by getting updates on his phone from Cardinals Nation while in the dugout with Jack during their adult baseball league game!  Three cheers for Dad!



4 comments:

Emily Demmert said...

Your whole life is a two for one deal, Honey!

Monica said...

What a beautiful, sweet, lovely family!! I miss you guys! xoxo!

Virginia said...

As usual you have a heart-warming, loving, inspirational blog. It's a joy for all of us. Love you.

Emily Routon said...

Seeing the family wearing matching outfits running the Medviji might be my new favorite memory of the Richter Family! I'm so proud of your feat Betty!