Thursday, February 11, 2010

2010 Valentine's Day Mantle Decor

A collection of special things adorn our mantle this month. The highlight this year includes several vintage Valentines that were passed down to me by my Grandma. The metal white bird on its own stand is very heavy - made of cast iron and was a gift from Cliff's Mom for Christmas a couple years ago. The willow tree angel is a gift from my friend Karin. Jennifer & I found the little carved white bird, the red candle sticks, the silver "Be Mine" heart and the lovely red plate at recent garage sales and the cherub that sits over the mantle's edge was a gift from Priscilla. Click on the image to zoom in.

4 comments:

Miss G said...

how fun is this? thank you so much for posting it! I really like the be mine heart and the mercury glass looking candle stick and the plates and the vintage valentines! Kelly

BR said...

The mercury candlesticks were a christmas gift from Jack and Jennifer 3 years ago!

Karen said...

Love the whole look, but the plate and vintage valentines are my favorite.

Anonymous said...

I miss your mantle! I'm so glad you're still using it. I remember when you first got it and would decorate it according to the season/holiday. Way fun. Rhoda