Monday, December 21, 2009

Cookie Exchange!

We had a cookie exchange on Saturday that was so fun! Four of us got together, enjoyed visiting over hot cider and harvest fruit compote and then we made laps around the table exchanging the cookies that we had contributed. Each person left with a lovely assortment!
The next day, I pulled out and washed the silver platters that I got at Yvonne & Karen's garage sale last fall and had stored away in the shed until now. I had fun fussing over the platters and filling them up with the delicious cookies that we had all exchanged. I added in an extra batch of peanut butter cookies with red M&M's to fill in on the larger plates and I made sure to save the biggest platter (on the pedestal in the picture below) for Cliff & I to eat at home.

Last night, Cliff and I went around town delivering the trays to our neighbors and friends and wishing them each a Merry Christmas. It was sweet and fun and I think I'll do it again someday!
This was sort of a last minute venture, so I sent my invitations out via email - it was fun and easy! Click on the image below to see my invitation.

As this was the first cookie exchange that I have been a part of, I got most of my information about cookie exchanges from this Cookie Exchange website. The website was quite exhaustive and a bit exhausting as well. :) As you can see, my cookie exchange was simple and small, which is what made it so sweet and fun.

What sorts of goodies are you making this Christmas?

6 comments:

Monica said...

I LOVE YOUR MERRY CHRISTMAS SIGN!!!

Karen said...

Really cute invitation. I have lots of holiday favorite recipes but I put my Grandma B's Fruitcake cookie recipe on my blog recently. Because of the whole fruitcake stigma, I don't think many people like them, but they make me happy because they "taste" like grandma. I hope you and your sweet hubby have a very happy Christmas. Love you.

JB said...

We have made sugar cookies and a black forest torte for Joy's birthday. Your cookie exchange looks so cute and the cookie trays look fabulous. I wish I had been there!

Miss G said...

Have I said that I love seeing your Christmas decor and imagining being in your kitchen? I think you're brilliant for acquiring and using the silver trays that way! This looks like such fun! I've always imagined cookie exchanges to be stressful but this looks so manageble! Great job, Betty! Kelly

Sandi said...

Looks like fun, Betty! I've always wanted to host a cookie exchange -- maybe next year! :)

I made Oreo Truffles and Christmas sugar cookies. Love you!

Anonymous said...

My aunt Sue made chocolate chip cookies for me.
I didn't make anything. It was so fun.
Love, Rhoda (I hope you laughed. I'm being silly, but really, we didn't bake at all this time. It was all fun, but a different Christmas this year.)